8 Tips and Tricks to Use Pinterest for Business:
1. Create a Pinterest marketing strategy
As you would for any other social media channel: Start by creating a Pinterest social media strategy. Don't jump in.
How to create a Pinterest marketing strategy
- SMART goals are specific, measurable and achievable. Do you hope that Pinterest will increase your following, drive traffic to your site, or encourage sign-ups for events?
- Learn about the general Pinterest audience as well as the demographic most likely to use the channel.
- Learn about the Pinterest target audience for your brand.
- Consider what your competition is doing on this social media platform.
- Incorporating on-brand content to Pinterest in your social media calendar.
You can start working towards your goals once you have a clear strategy.
2. Pin engaging, captivating content
Pinterest is a visual platform. Therefore, it can be used for business to produce high-quality visual content that you want to share.
What makes a Pin captivating?
- Vertical imagery. Data shows that 82% of Pinterest users use mobile devices to browse the site. This will help avoid awkwardly cropped images.
- Take into consideration the quality of your image and video.
- Descriptions. These descriptions will help you improve your SEO, provide context for your images, and encourage people to click on the links.
- Text overlay. Add a headline to reinforce your visual message.
- A tasteful brand. Include your logo in your Pins if it's appropriate for your brand and aligns with your Pinterest marketing strategy.
- Make sure that your links work. Broken links won't help your brand! To give Pinners the best possible user experience, make sure that the link to your Pin doesn't redirect to a page with 404 errors and that it loads quickly.
Be consistent! Be consistent! Pining daily is better than filling a board with content and then stopping. Your content will reach a wider audience by regularly pinning.
Use Hootsuite for scheduling Pins to help your brand keep on top of your content calendar. Learn more about Pinterest and Hootsuite.
3. You can try different pin formats
Pinterest is an image-sharing site, but it's more than just photos.
Nike, for example, uses video to promote their products.
You can also use carousels to display a variety products in one pin:
However, even though 80 percent of Pinners find a brand or product new on Pinterest, it is important to think beyond just shopping and promote your brand.
Pinners use Pinterest for inspiration. 85% of Pinners say they visit Pinterest to create a new project. You can also post how-to pins and inspiration boards to give your audience valuable content.
Nespresso, for example, creates step-by–step content to help Pinners connect with its brand.
4. Plan your boards carefully
Your brand's boards are a great way to reach new Pinners who are interested in learning about specific topics and/or learning specific skills, 97% percent of Pinterest searches being unbranded
They also have recipe ideas like its Oreo Cookies board and Oreo Cupcakes board.
The brand mixes content that is useful, interesting, and inspiring with promotional boards.
Aveeno also has boards for their products like Aveeno Body or Sun Care boards.
The brand has many other boards, such as the Earth Day board which includes Pins in indirect promotion of the brand and an understanding of their audience's values and support.
5. Optimize your pins for SEO
Pinterest is a search engine. Make sure your Pins are easily found in a Google search! Keywords should be included in the descriptions of your Pins, on boards, and in hashtags.
Rich pins are designed to pin new content from your website, while avoiding duplicate content. This will help boost your brand's Pinterest search engine optimization.
6. You can try different Pinterest ads
Ads are another effective way to promote your business on Pinterest. Pinterest allows advertisers to target ads based on keywords, interests and location.
Advertisers can target specific audiences on Pinterest by using detailed audience targeting.
- Visitors to your site.
- People who have engaged in your Pins.
- People who have shared similar content on the platform.
- A custom list such as your newsletter subscribers.
There are many types of ads available on Pinterest, including video ads, collections and promoted Pins. You can learn everything you need about Pinterest advertising.
7. Keep track of the metrics
Data-driven Pinterest marketing strategies are a key element of a successful strategy. This means that social media managers can track, measure, and analyze key Pinterest metrics and audience behaviour to see which content is most successful and which content is less.
We will let you know what metrics you should track and which tools to use to monitor them.
8. Promote your Pinterest profile
Make sure you let your followers on other platforms and friends know that you are also active on Pinterest. Promote your Pinterest profile
- Link to your Pinterest account on your company website.
- Include the link in your email signature
- Cross-promotion of your Pinterest account to your business's other social media channels
- Share the news from the Pinterest profile with your company newsletter.
How to create a Pinterest business account
You should make sure that you have a Pinterest business account when using Pinterest for business. This is because you can't use a personal account. This is because a business account gives your brand the ability to:
- You can access analytics to track and measure the success of your Pinterest marketing strategy.
- You can run a variety of Pinterest ads.
- Create a Shop tab.
We will walk you through how to set up a Pinterest business account for your brand.